Sunday, March 8, 2009

Look What is Growing

In our neck of the woods Mother's Day weekend is THE weekend for most gardeners. It is the weekend that the promise of overnight freezes are over. It is the weekend that the garden can be planted. It is the weekend that the hope for long summer days hangs in the air.


With that weekend in mind we have started to plan and prepare for the gardening season. Last year we experimented with starting a few plants from seed. We had so much fun and learned so much that this year we have expanded our start plants.


In fact except for tomatoes and peppers we plan on starting all of our garden from seed. Right now we have started flowers. They are popping up all over the place and making me very happy.


My Babies



For Valentines The Handy Husband gave me some prim roses. They were starting to look a little sad so I planted them in pots on the porch. One of the few flowers that actually like the temperature to be a little on the cool side. I am not a prim rose. It is so nice to get outside and start working in the yard. I raked out the front flower bed and felt myself do a little dance thinking about all the flowers that will be popping out soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment