Tuesday, March 17, 2009

53 Days until Planting Day

The weather has been absolutely beautiful. It really makes you feel like summer is coming. I can't tell you how excited that makes me. 

Our seedlings are growing and growing. We have even moved some into their own little pots. Last year our biggest problems occurred when we moved the seedlings into their own pots.  We are waiting a little bit longer and hoping that the more established roots will help in the transplanting. Have I mentioned what armatures we are when it comes to gardening.

These are Cosmos I have a feeling that they don't like being started indoors.  We found this out last year with Sunflowers. When we started them indoors they never reached their full height.  They were also smaller and didn't quite get as hardy as the ones we started outside.  We are watching the Cosmos but I have a suspicion that next year we will be starting them outdoors.



These crazy little plants my youngest daughter picked out. They are coming up just like grass how weird is that? They are about two weeks ahead of schedule so they must like the environment.  



The first plants to be transplanted, Morning Glory and Zinnias.






We are learning and if everything keeps growing I will be planting all season long.

H.H. is getting very impatient to start the vegies.  He keeps reading the back of the packets and hoping that today is the day he can plant.  We all know the information on the back of the seeds changes magically in the middle of the night.

I'm kidding, I know that he is really excited to get started.  I am too. I love being out in the yard working in the garden. Watching all these flowers grow is just making me itch more and more to get outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment