Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Cricut Project #1

Here is my first Cricut project.

My very cute niece just celebrated a special day. Her first name begins with an H. I found an initial block at Michaels and decorated it for her.


Hcrick

I used the Tinkerbell Cart for the butterflies and Plantin SchoolBook Cart for the tag.

Hcrick2

hcrick3

The paper is by Making Memories. I wanted to use girly colors but I also wanted them to be bright and cheerful. I think it turned out cute.

I discovered a few problems and it turned into a much bigger project then I initially planned for. My first problem was I did not have a font that matched up with the letter.

Lucky me I have a Computer minded hubby. Who loves to play and figure things out. Using a software program that is out on the market he was able to match the fonts up. I haven't purchased the program yet because there are a couple different ones and I'm not sure which one I want to get.

The two programs are SCAL and Make the Cut.

Have you heard of them? Which one do you prefer?

No comments:

Post a Comment